Are you on the fence about whether or not to stay in your current job? Are you doing work that maximizes your greatest potential while having fun and making good money along the way?
Over the last twenty-five years, I have worked with thousands of employers and employees as a management consultant, career counselor and psychotherapist. There are particular elements that either lead to satisfaction or dissatisfaction at work.
If you answer “No” to many of the indicators below, it may be time for a job or career change to do work that is in better alignment with your interests, personality, values and competencies.
- I utilize my greatest talents and skills in my job
- I have the opportunity to grow and develop at work
- I am good at my job
- My needs for achievement are being met
- I am in alignment with what I value
- I bring my spirit to work
- I express myself freely
- I do my job with integrity
- I trust myself
- I enjoy my work
- I typically feel calm at work
- I look forward to my work day
Job Enrichment and Job Design
- My job is meaningful and significant
- I have flexibility
- I have clear goals at work
- I set my own goals or participate in setting my own goals
- My goals are challenging, but achievable
- I receive feedback regarding my work
- I can see the results from my efforts
- I understand how my job adds value to the organization
- I have a variety of tasks I perform
- I have autonomy and responsibility in my job (I can make decisions and problem solve without being micromanaged)
- I can advance or move into other areas that would fulfill me
- I feel valued and respected
- I am recognized for my work
- I like my peers
- I like my customers
- I like my boss
- I respect my boss
- I feel secure in my job
- I trust people at work
- I am rewarded equitably for my effort and competencies
- I am paid equitably compared to others
- I respect and believe in my company
- I like my work environment (e.g., the facility you work in, your work space, working from home)
- I have the tools and resources to succeed in my job
If you answered “No” to many of the statements above, it may be time for a new job or career! Are you feeling stuck? Is there something that you are resisting?
Career counseling/coaching can help you uncover and express your life’s work! Imagine doing work that is meaningful, joyful, fun and rewarding. Still on the fence about whether to leave your job or stay, career counseling can help you gain insight into your situation immediately.
Karen Storsteen, M.S., M.A., in an intuitive therapist, career counselor and management consultant. She has worked in the fields of human and organizational development for over twenty-five years and educated and counseled hundreds of thousands of leaders and individuals to self-actualize and reach their greatest potential.
Known for her “uncanny intuitive gifts”, Karen Storsteen blends this talent with proven psychological methods to help people gain instant insight and awareness in love, work and life. She helps people let go of limiting thoughts and behaviors so they may experience the miraculous and catapult their lives forward.
Storsteen is revolutionizing the way people think and feel to achieve results they never thought possible. She provides counseling and business consulting services, as well as intuitive sessions, globally and by phone.
She has been featured on ABC, NBC, CBS, and has been a regular on morning radio and several FM/AM and internet radio stations. Her work is well recognized by Fortune 500 leaders, professional organizations (such as the Mensa the High IQ Society), higher education, the media and general public.
Karen graduated with Honors with a Master of Arts in Psychology from Regis University, holds a Master of Science in Management and Organization, and Master’s Minor in Finance, from the University of Colorado, and Bachelor of Science in Business Management. She holds numerous certifications in psychological, behavioral and organizational assessment and human performance improvement technologies.
To learn more, you can go to karensinsight.com and karenstorsteen.com or call Karen Storsteen at 303-506-6745.
Copyright © 2018, Karen Storsteen. All Rights Reserved